this page is about cleaning up virus malware and file system damage
also see my other help pages
I no longer confuse the issue with "correct" terminology,, please read what i call a "PEST" ,, a multi definition
Make a folder on your computer called "mytoolkit"
Save all of the files to fix your computer to the "mytoolkit" folder
you will need 7-zip to unpack/unzip/extract most of these files
READ and LEARN how to start your computers Operating System in "SAFE MODE"
DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO FIX A COMPUTER, IT IS USUALY HIJACKED BY WHAT IS MAKING THE COMPUTER SICK
instead, use OB1,
and then after we are done cleaning up the system you can
force install or reinstall InternetExplorer
like ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E" !
Improove your outlook
DO NOT USE OUTLOOK WHILE YOU HAVE A VIRUS, IT IS USUALY RESENDING THE VIRUSES YOU HAVE
instead, get it delivered by Barca,
if you use outlook you may need to
and restore it
mru blaster, and
CRAP CLEANER :)
s_t_i_n_g_e_r.exe, - Anti-Virus test file,
stick to free antivirus .................mcafee and norton are useless!
Hunt Them Down
xray your pc,
Ads Spy and
Make It Obey You
tweeky! 4 xp, and
tweeky! 4 nt&9x
dissable system restore,
register DLLs and OCX's
turn off messenger and MSN messenger, (pchell version)
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 95, and
Startup Control PaneL,
stand alone EXEcutable zip,
fix media player vulnerability
HOSTS. , or
the info page
java cool's missing file tester
dll 4 xp
Heal The System
HAL; "daisy,daisy for windows xp pro too",
new Windows Installer for 95 98
Java by Sun
==== END Minimal Instruction ====
now READ the following tutorials and use the files you put into into "mytoolkit"
======= The fast tutorials =======
Home Search Assistant / CWS_NS3 Removal / BackDoor-BDD Pests removal guide
4 Simple Steps for removing Spyware, Hijackers, Viruses, and other Malware
How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malware
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
How to post a HijackThis Log to bleepingcomputer
HijackThis Tutorial - How to use HijackThis to remove pests
===== The normal bot tutorials =====
e first then send them a
Boot-up period explained
tom coyote basic tutorial
list of startup items good bad and unknown
how viruses work
How to start Windows in Safe ( from pests ) Mode
Windows Program Automatic Startup Locations
How to remove CoolWebSearch pest with CWShredder
Using LSP-Fix to remove pests
Using Ad-Aware SE to remove pests from Your Computer
Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove pests from Your Computer
How to use the Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta to remove pests
How to Manually Remove Programs (pests) from the Add Remove Programs List
How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus
McAfee AVERT Stinger
TrendMicroHousecall and tutorial
change the computer
( For windows 2000 / XP ,
Go to start-> run-> [ type in] Services.msc
then Scroll down to DNS Client and select the option to set it to disable/manual )
modify your host file with hoster
UPDATE THE OPERATING SYSTEM
How to see hidden (pest) files in Windows
Making Internet Explorer Safer from pests
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safer on the Internet
The Hosts File and what it can do for you
How to remove the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM) pest?
How to Repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express in Windows
GET A FIREWALL
Sygate Personal Firewall
Tiny Personal Firewall.
How to use CleanUp! to protect your privacy
Using IE-Spyad to enhance your privacy and security
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from pests
Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from pests
Get a Shell.dll for windows
Melenium/ 9X/ ME
improve the speed
For the following steps if asked "are you sure" clicking OK is safe most of the time
0) close all programs
1) Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools
2) Click on Internet Options and then on the General Tab
3) Click on "Delete Files" and Check the box "Delete all offline content"
4) click on "Clear History" and "Delete Cookies"
5) Click Start, Programs (or All Programs), Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup
6) Choose the correct drive usually C:\
7) Check the boxes in the list and click ok to delete the temp files
8) cleanup startup
keep alternative OS disks
mal as in malignant or malicious
ware (short for software).
The many Faces of Malware
According to Wikipedia, there are many types of malware, and even more sub-types of each.
1. Viruses. The malware that's on the news so much, even your grandmother knows what it is. You probably already have heard plenty about why this kind of software is bad for you, so there's no need to belabor the point.
2. Worms. Slight variation on viruses. The difference between viruses and worms is that viruses hide inside the files of real computer programs (for instance, the macros in Word or the VBScript in many other Microsoft applications), while worms do not infect a file or program, but rather stand on their own.
3. Wabbits. Be honest: had you ever even heard of wabbits before (outside of Warner Bros. cartoons)? According to Wikipedia, wabbits are in fact rare, and it's not hard to see why: they don't do anything to spread to other machines. A wabbit, like a virus, replicates itself, but it does not have any instructions to email itself or pass itself through a computer network in order to infect other machines. The least ambitious of all malware, it is content simply to focus on utterly devastating a single machine.
4. Trojans. Arguably the most dangerous kind of malware, at least from a social standpoint. While Trojans rarely destroy computers or even files, that's only because they have bigger targets: your financial information, your computer's system resources, and sometimes even massive denial-of-service attacks launched by having thousands of computers all try to connect to a web server at the same time.
5. Spyware. In another instance of creative software naming, spyware is software that spies on you, often tracking your internet activities in order to serve you advertising. (Yes, it's possible to be both adware and spyware at the same time.)
6. Backdoors. Backdoors are much the same as Trojans or worms, except that they do something different: they open a "backdoor" onto a computer, providing a network connection for hackers or other malware to enter or for viruses or spam to be sent out through.
7. Exploits. Exploits attack specific security vulnerabilities. You know how Microsoft is always announcing new updates for its operating system? Often enough the updates are really trying to close the security hole targeted in a newly discovered exploit.
8. Rootkit. The malware most likely to have a human touch, rootkits are installed by crackers (bad hackers) on other people's computers. The rootkit is designed to camouflage itself in a system's core processes so as to go undetected. It is the hardest of all malware to detect and therefore to remove; many experts recommend completely wiping your hard drive and reinstalling everything fresh.
9. Keyloggers. No prize for guessing what this software does: yes, it logs your keystrokes, i.e., what you type. Typically, the malware kind of keyloggers (as opposed to keyloggers deliberately installed by their owners to use in diagnosing computer problems) are out to log sensitive information such as passwords and financial details.
10. Dialers. Dialers dial telephone numbers via your computer's modem. Like keyloggers, they're only malware if you don't want them. Dialers either dial expensive premium-rate telephone numbers, often located in small countries far from the host computer; or, they dial a hacker's machine to transmit stolen data.
11. Adware. The least dangerous and most lucrative malware (lucrative for its distributors, that is). Adware displays ads on your computer. The Wikipedia entry on malware does not give adware its own category even though adware is commonly called malware. As Wikipedia notes, adware is often a subset of spyware. The implication is that if the user chooses to allow adware on his or her machine, it's not really malware, which is the defense that most adware companies take. In reality, however, the choice to install adware is usually a legal farce involving placing a mention of the adware somewhere in the installation materials, and often only in the licensing agreement, which hardly anyone reads.
12. Botnets are a collection of software robots, or bots, which run autonomously. A botnet's originator can control the group remotely, usually through a means such as IRC, and usually for nefarious purposes.
13. The Alphabet Soup "spooks" ( DOD DHS FBI DNI DCI CIA NSA DEA NCTC) are out to get you
15. The pc maker being stupid
16. YOU not being carefull
(1) Do a file search for realsched.exe, jusched.exe, OSA.EXE and
(2) disable them in starup or
(3) Rename or delete all instances of them
(4) restart your computer
this tutorial based on this site bleepingcomputer, and another overworked tech ? and
"THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
written by Poul-Henning Kamp phk@FreeBSD.ORG
As long as you retain this notice you can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return
Many Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
describing blatant bugs will say
"This behavior is by design."
Another interesting feature of the quantum world, as it relates to the Matrix, is that energy only comes in discrete packets of a minimum size, or quanta. Electromagnetic energy only can come as multiples of a certain value known as Planckís Constant (6.626x10-34 Joule Seconds). To put this is computer terms, the universe is integer based. This is interesting since if the world really were nothing more than a computer generated mirage, an Integer-based system would be more efficient than a floating-point one. Considering the volumes of information contained within the matrix, efficiency would be a primary concern. A floating point calculation takes more processing time, so Itís no wonder that the programmers of the universe decided to declare the variable E (energy) as an Integer. Or to put it more precisely, the universe is a 3-dimensional Integer array (or Matrix) running through a program which gives it the appearance of the 4th dimension. And according to relativity, a person's measurement of time slows down the faster they are moving. I guess all that extra processing slows the system down...
last updated 3:20 PM 2006/05/08