This is provided as a public service.
Any reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk.

get foxit reader adobe acrobat or adobe acrobat reader
the only site i found that tryed to help
the main form and instructions you fill out,
the main form and instructions you fill out {second type},
the ones you and your foreign fiance fill out seperatly,
the photo(s) you need,
I-134, Affidavit of Support,
Form I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence,
us embassies,
us service centers

California Service Center
24000 Avila Road,
2nd Floor, Room 2312 po box 10590
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677


first stage


A fiancee visa (K-1) is an non-immigrant visa allowing your Fiancee to enter the United States for the purpose of marriage. This visa is only valid for a limited period of time, during which the marriage must occur.

The K-1 Visa is normally valid for a period of three (3) months. There is no extension of stay allowed. K-1 petition is automatically terminated when the Petitioner dies or voluntarily withdraws the petition.

You are required to submit your Petition for Alien Fiancee (Form I-129F) according to your place of residence, There are four main Service centers in the United States, which handle I-129F application packages.

Those applications should be mailed to USCIS Service Centers. Service Centers are not staffed to handle walk-in applications or answer questions. Three of the four Service Centers have established special Post Office boxes to receive applications mailed to the Center by applicants or petitioners residing in its service area. The applications and petitions processed by each Service Center are listed on its home page, as are the special Post Office box numbers and zip codes by form type for the Service Centers using them.

second stage

wikipedia your United_States_Permanent_Resident_Card
Now That You Are A Permanent Resident,
,How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)?

After your loveone has been admitted to the United States as a Fiance and you have married your Fiance within the 90-day time limit, you are now eligible to adjust your status to permanent resident with your local USCIS office.

A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States. If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or a relative who is a lawful permanent resident, you must go through a multi-step process.

You and your now-spouse must file the following MAIN items with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:
Application for Alien Relative (I-130);
Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) ;
. .({[The nonimmigrant visa number is the red number on the visa.]})
Biographical information (Form G-325) ;
G-325A Biographic Information
Medical Exam Sheet is not required, if your Spouse has had a medical exam based in K-1 visa;
Two color photos taken within 30 days;
Evidence of inspection, admission or parole into the United States
. . (Form I-94 , Arrival Departure Record) from fiance's pasport;

Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 with supporting documents) ;
If you do not meet the guidelines for income level (125% of poverty level...see the Poverty Level link in the references section) you will need a joint sponsor who does meet the guidelines. The US Citizen spouse must submit an I-864, and the joint sponsor will also submit an I-864.
If the joint sponsor is a member of your household, they will submit an I-864a "Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member" instead.
Any joint sponsors must be domiciled in the United States, territories or possessions, and must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Authorization for employment (Form I-765) You will apply as category (c)(9), "adjustment applicant"
Travel Parole (Form I-131)

WR-702, WR-703 or I-468 -Data Collection for (ADIT)
. . These are "office specific" forms which may not be used at your local office. 1-800-375-5283
A copy of the marriage certificate
. . Make sure to ask the person who marries you to let *you* take the marriage certificate
. . to the recorder's office yourself Then, you can get certified copies right then and there
A copy of your birth certificate. (translated copy if not in English)
A copy of the fiance(e) petition approval notice (I-797 Notice of Action)

Travel permission that will allow her to depart and re-enter the U.S.

The important thing to remember about the travel document is that the recipient cannot depart the U.S. until she receives the actual approved document. She cannot apply for it, depart the U.S., have someone send it to her while she is still outside of the U.S. and then return to the U.S.

In this situation, she would be denied re-entry to the U.S. and would have to remain outside of the U.S. while her American spouse filed for a spousal visa (K-3).

The first "Green Card" received will be a temporary card that makes the Spouse a Conditional Permanent Resident of the United States. She must file an application to remove the "Conditional" status during a 90-day period prior to the two-year anniversary of the issuance of the Conditional Green Card

Once she received her permanent resident "Green Card" (which is valid for ten years), she must still apply for naturalization if she wants to become a U.S. citizen. She can do this: if she is still married to the U.S. citizen who originally sponsored her for her Fiancee visa, 3 years after the issuance date of her permanent residency (Green Card);

if she is not married to the U.S. citizen, who sponsored her Fiancee visa, she can apply for naturalization in 5 years after the issuance date of her permanent residency (Green Card). when you ask for ins photos they usualy are taken with a stereograph camera


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
District Director: William McNamee
Service Area:
The Portland District services the entire state of Oregon.
Where Are We?
Portland, Oregon District Office Location:
Street Address:
Portland, Oregon District Office
511 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209

How to Find Us:
The Portland District Office is located in downtown Portland on NW Broadway between Hoyt and Glisan Streets. The entrance is on the West side of the building off NW Glisan Street. An infopass appointment is necessary for Information Officers assistance. Please click on the word infopass to be taken directly to the website.
The office is located in downtown Portland.
By Car:
Traveling North on I-5: Merge to the I-405, and take the Everett Street Exit. Make a right on Everett Street (traveling East), and make a Left onto Broadway. The building will be on the West side of the street, just past Glisan Street.
Traveling South on I-5: Take Exit 302A and cross the Broadway Bridge. The building is just past Hoyt Street. Or you can merge to the I-405, and use the Everett Street Exit as noted above.
Traveling West on I-84: Take the Rose Quarter (Coliseum) Exit, follow the signs for the Steel Bridge, after crossing the bridge, you will be traveling West on Glisan Street. The building will be three lights ahead on the right side of the street.
Traveling East from Beaverton, Oregon: Take U.S. 26 E to Portland. Continue on US-26 E (Sunset Hwy) and go east for 4.1 miles to I-405 N (Stadium Freeway) you will see a sign reading “I-405 N to St. Helens/Seattle.” Exit on ramp to I-405 N (Stadium Freeway) and merge with caution. Take “EXIT 2B to EVERETT ST.” Bear left onto 14th Ave and go north for 0.20 miles to Hoyt St. Turn right onto Broadway and go South for 260 feet to Glisan St, immigration will be the building on the right.
By Bus:
The TRI-MET bus stops right in front of our building. Use Routes #17, #9 or #77. We are located 2 blocks west of the Portland Bus Transit Mall. For Greyhound Bus Information, call 1 (800) 231-2222.
By Train:
The Amtrak Station is located nearby, call 1 (800) 872-7245 for reservations and schedule information.
Get Directions, Find Maps
Meter parking is available surrounding the building. There are several public parking lots available in the area.
Accessibility for Individuals with Special Needs:
The building is handicapped-accessible. The entrance is on the West side of the building off NW Glisan Street.
Visiting Our Office:
Public Hours:
IMPORTANT NOTICE! PROCEDURES FOR FILING FAMILY-BASED ADJUSTMENT APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN CHANGED! Effective April 1, 2005, all family based Adjustment of Status applications (Form I-485), and relating Employment Authorization applications (I-765), and Advance Parole applications (I-131) must be mailed directly to the Chicago Lockbox either concurrently or separately. Click here for the address and further information.
While the building is open from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, access to Information Services in the Portland District Office is by infopass appointment only, except for emergencies. Hours of operation for the infopass/Information Office are as follows:
Mon - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Tue - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wed - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Thu - 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri - 7:30 AM - 12 noon
Please check the Field Office Closings page for current information on office hours.
Visitors are reminded that enhanced security measures are in place. No weapons, including knives of any kind, will be permitted.
The Building Security Officers will direct visitors with appointment letters to the appropriate location.
In the event of inclement weather in Portland or other emergency you may call (503) 326-2247 to hear a recording regarding changes or updates to our office hours.
Effective January 15, 2005, to speak with an Immigration Information Officer, you should make an appointment via the Internet at infopass. You must bring the printout of your infopass appointment and an official valid photo ID. Emergencies will be addressed on a walk-in basis.
Paying Fees:
Please note that this office prefers that all fees be paid by check made out to USCIS (with proper ID) or money order. Click here for more information on the payment of immigration fees.
Contacting Us
We encourage you to file your petitions and applications by mail with the appropriate fee. (See under "Local Filing Procedures: Adoptions")
Advance Parole:
For general information, please see "How Do I Get a Travel Document?" For information specific to this office, see "Local Filing Procedures".
To make an infopass appointment click on the word infopass. The Building Security Officers will direct visitors with appointment letters to the appropriate location.
Business Liaison Office:
See under "Employer-related Immigration Matters, " below.
Case Status:
See under "Finding the Status of Your Case"
All fees for applications filed locally should be remitted at the Information Counter or by mail. Please note that this office prefers that all fees be paid by check made out to USCIS (with proper ID) or money order.
Change of Address:
Customers with pending applications may report their change of address to Customer Service at 1 (800) 375-5283.
For All Others:
Customers who are not U.S. citizens are also required to file Form AR-11.
All Applicants: Please read this important information on "How Do I Report a Change of Address to USCIS?"
Citizenship Ceremonies:
Usually, the Portland District will offer "same-day" ceremonies for naturalization applicants who are approved before 11 AM on the day of the appointment. Applicants who are approved after 11 AM are typically asked to return the following day for their ceremony, except there are no ceremonies on Fridays. Those who request name changes will be scheduled for a ceremony in the U.S. District Court. These ceremonies are held monthly in Portland.
Office of Citizenship:
Community Liaison Officer
Office of Citizenship
Portland, Oregon District Office
511 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209
The Citizenship Outreach Specialist works with community and business groups and CAN NOT answer questions on benefits or individual case issues. If you have benefit or case issues please visit the USCIS website at or call the toll-free customer service number at 800-375-5283. You may also write at letter to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Portland District, 511 N.W. Broadway, Portland, OR 97209. To contact the Community Liaison Officer please send an email or by phone at (503) 326-2807. See also "Finding the Status of Your Case"
There is a coin-operated copy machine available to the public in our building. It is located on the first floor in the snack bar area.
Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If you are not satisfied with the service provided, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please request a customer comment card from an Information Officer, or write to:
Office Director, ATTN: U. S. CIS Customer Feedback
Portland, Oregon District Office
511 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209
If you feel you were not treated in a professional manner by a CIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a CIS employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
U. S. CIS Special Investigations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Suite 5003
Washington, DC 20529
Deferred Inspections:
Designated Civil Surgeons:
For general information on required medical examinations, please see "Designated Civil Surgeons". Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. A civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS must conduct the medical examination. Click here to find a listing of Designated Civil Surgeons in your area. You may also call Customer Service at 1 (800) 375-5283. You will be asked to provide your zip code. Have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.
Doctors interested in being registered as a Designated Civil Surgeon in Oregon should submit the following to the local District Office after reading the CDC website:
A letter to the District Director requesting consideration
A copy of a current medical license
A current resume that shows 4 years of professional experience, not including a residency program
Proof of citizenship and lawful status; and
Two signature cards showing name typed and signature below
Emergency Travel Authorization:
See under "Local Filing Procedures: Advance Parole" and "Travel Documents".
Employment Authorization Documents (EAD):
Bring your appointment letter to the Information Office in Room 117.
For more information on filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, please see "Local Filing Procedures".
Employment Opportunities:
To obtain information about employment opportunities with immigration programs, please search the USA Jobs Website for current vacancy announcements.
Employer-related Immigration Matters (USCIS Office of Business Liaison):
Call 1 (800) 357-2099.
TDD: 1 (800) 278-5732
Once USCIS has scheduled you for fingerprinting, see Application Support Centers (where fingerprinting can be obtained) for details about hours and locations. Or, call Customer Service at 1 (800) 375-5283.
Call 1 (800) 870-3676 to have forms mailed to you. You may also click here to download forms or request that they be mailed to you. You may also obtain most forms by visiting our Information Office with an infopass appointment during our regular business hours.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA):
Freedom of Information/Privacy Act requests may be submitted to the National Records Center by filing Form G-639, or by writing a formal letter to:
National Records Center
PO BOX 648010
Lees Summit, MO 64064-8010
Call 1 (816) 350-5570. Requestor may use this telephone number to ask questions regarding the filing or the status of their request or to obtain general information about their request.
Human Resources Office:
Employment Opportunities are posted at
Immigration Court:
For information about a matter in an Immigration Court (administered by the United States Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review - EOIR), visit their website or call their electronic information system at 1 (800) 898-7180. This system operates in English and Spanish. You will need your A-Number to get information on your case. This telephonic information system can give you information about your: next hearing date, time and location; elapsed time and status of the clock for asylum cases; Immigration Judge decision information; case appeal information, including appeal due date, brief due date, date forwarded to the BIA, and BIA decision and decision date.
Call Customer Service at 1 (800) 375-5283.
Legal Help
Media Inquiries:
Please direct all USCIS press inquiries to the USCIS Public Affairs Officer, Sharon Rummery at (415) 844-5250, fax (415) 844-5255.
National Customer Service Center:
Call Customer Service at 1 (800) 375-5283 for information and help on matters concerning immigration services and benefits.
Naturalization Information:
See under "Local Filing Procedures".
Orphan Petitions:
See under "Local Filing Procedures: Adoptions".
Facilities for photographs are located within the building, and in the immediate area of the office.
Status of Applications Inquiries:
See under "Finding the Status of Your Case".
Travel Documents:
For general information, please see "How Do I Get a Travel Document?". For information specific to this office, see under "Local Filing Procedures".
See under "Visiting Our Office".
Local Filing Procedures
Adjustment of Status:
All I-485 and accompanying applications must be filed via Direct Mail at our National Benefits Center Lockbox:
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
For non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g., private courier’s):
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098
All forms and documents must be complete, legible, and signed (if appropriate). Please click here for information on original document requirements. If you choose to submit the original when it is not required, we may keep it for our records.
If required, Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support, must be submitted along with all supporting documents at the time of filing. Supporting documents include the last three most recently filed Federal Income Tax Returns (IRS transcripts of filing are recommended) with the relevant Form W-2 and a current letter of employment for all sponsors included in the Affidavit of Support.
The completed Form I-693 - Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, and the Supplemental Form to I-693 (vaccination record) should be submitted at the time you file your application or can be brought to interview.
We may request additional information or evidence from the applicant (i.e., supporting legal documents from the appropriate registrar). We may also request that you submit the originals of any copy. All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a full English translation and a statement by the translator certifying that the translation is complete and correct and that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English.
Please note: If you have applied for adjustment of status, you may need advance permission to return to the United States before traveling abroad (Form I-512). See "How Do I Get a Travel Document?" for requirements on traveling abroad. If you do not apply for Advance Parole BEFORE you leave the country, you may be abandoning your application with USCIS and upon your return you may be refused admission to the United States.
Adjustment of Status Interview:
Interview notices are mailed out approximately 30 days in advance of the interview. Failure to keep this appointment or failure to bring the requested documentation will delay your case and may result in the denial of your application. If you do not speak English, you must bring a disinterested third party interpreter to the interview. If you wish to be represented, your attorney must accompany you to this interview.
The petitioner must appear with the beneficiary if the application is based upon a marital relationship and must bring evidence supporting the relationship. The petitioner must also bring original proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status (naturalization certificate, valid U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, Alien Registration/Permanent Resident Card).
You may file Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, and/or Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, in person or by mail to the Portland District Office if you reside in the State of Oregon. You may file Form I-600A without supporting documents, but all required documents must be provided prior to adjudication of the petition.
"Age Outs":
"Age out" cases involve the children of principal aliens or U.S. citizens. If these children turn 18 or 21 (depending on the type of benefit sought) before their case is processed, they may no longer be eligible for the benefit they are seeking. If your case falls within this category, please indicate on your application that it is an "Age Out" case. After filing, if you have not heard from our office six months prior to the applicant's birthday, please contact the USCIS Benefits Section by mail at:
Benefits Section
ATTN: Age Out Case
U.S. CIS Portland, Oregon District Office
511 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209
You may also visit our office with an infopass appointment.
Please note: The above statement may no longer apply to your individual case. On August 6, 2002, President Bush signed into law the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). This law changes the "Age Out" rules in effect prior to signing of the CSPA, which were previously defined under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Under the new law, a child will be prevented from "aging out" due to Service processing delays.
Please read guidance here to see if the "Age Out" policy affects you or your children.
Employment Authorization Document (EAD):
For general information, please see How Do I Get a Work Permit (Employment Authorization Document)?
Initial EAD for Adjustment of Status Applicants:
Notice: After filing an I-485 with the NBC at the Chicago Lockbox and receiving a Notice of Receipt, all subsequent applications related to the I-485, such as Forms I-131, I-765 (including EAD renewals issued by the NBC), must be filed by mail with the NBC to the Chicago Lockbox
Interim EAD:
If USCIS does not approve or deny your Employment Authorization Document application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EAD only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), and you have complied with any notice (RFE) regarding fingerprinting or biometrics, you may request an interim Employment Application Document. Please make an employment authorization appointment via the Internet through infopass. Bring in a current photo I.D, completed Form I-765, all I-797 receipt notices that relate to your pending EAD application. There is no fee for an interim EAD.
EAD Renewals:
In order to provide the NBC with sufficient processing time, applications for renewal of the Employment Authorization Document must be received 90 days prior to the expiration date on the card. Customers may file this application electronically.
Portland District will issue the EADS at the time of infopass appointment. However, if an I-485 is pending at the Service Center then the application should be sent to the Service Center. If the I-765 has been pending at the Service Center for more than 90 days, Portland District will then issue an interim EAD card.
Green Card (Form I-551) Renewal
Form I-90
You can no longer file a Form I-90 at local CIS office or Application Support Center. All form I-90 Applications to renew or replace a Permanent Resident Card, regardless of where you live, must either be E-filed or mailed to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 54870
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0870
and for non postal services
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: I-90
16420 Valley View Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90638.
Do not submit supporting documentation when you file your application. Once the Form I-90 is received a notice will be mailed to you indicating a specific time, place and date to appear for biometrics processing at an Application Support Center. All supporting documentation/evidence must be submitted at time of the ASC appointment.
I-90 Homebound
Persons with special needs who are homebound must also either E-File or mail the Form I-90 to the address shown above. Once you receive your ASC appointment notice, we may be able to assist by taking prints, photo and signature in your home. To request in-home service, you must submit a written request to schedule an in-home appointment for fingerprints/biometrics to be taken. You can mail the request to the ASC or someone acting on your behalf may appear at the ASC where you are scheduled and present the request for in-home processing. Your request must include a copy of the appointment notification and a medical documentation verifying the need for an in-home appointment. After the request has been received and reviewed, you will receive further instructions, as appropriate. Naturalization Procedures (local):
All Forms N-400, Applications for Naturalization, must be mailed directly to the Nebraska Service Center. To get an application and instruction booklet, A Guide to Naturalization, you may come to the Information Counter at the Portland District Office, contact the Forms Request Line at 1 (800) 870-3676, or download it from the Naturalization Website. Included on the site is information on who can be naturalized, what is required, how and where to apply, frequently asked questions, and A Guide to Naturalization, which provides an overview of the naturalization process. From that Website, you can access and download Naturalization Forms including Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
Special Registration
Travel Documents:

Certain immigrants and intending immigrants already in the United States may need to obtain a travel document to travel outside the United States. Use Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to apply for Advance Parole, Re-entry permit, or a Refugee Travel Document, described below. Call 1 (800) 870-3676 to have forms mailed to you. You may also click here to download forms or request that they be mailed to you.
Advance Parole:
For certain non-citizens already in the United States wishing and/or needing to travel abroad prior to the final adjudication of a particular immigration application, advanced permission is needed to ensure that they will be permitted to return to the United States. This permission may be granted at the discretion of the District Director. This permission should be sought by, but not limited to, asylees, parolees, people with Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and certain intending immigrants with an Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) application filed and pending with USCIS and some others already in the U.S.
Filing Instructions: To apply for Advance Parole, please submit Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, along with the appropriate fee and two photos, to:
Portland, Oregon District Office
ATTN: Advance Parole
511 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209

Please submit your form at least three weeks in advance of your planned travel. For emergency travel authorization, please submit your Form I-131 in person at the Information Counter during regular business hours with any evidence you may have regarding the emergency. We will make every attempt to handle emergency requests on the same day.
Note: If a person has been in an illegal or unauthorized status for six months or more at a time their adjustment application is filed, they may not be granted an advance parole as departure may trigger grounds of inadmissibility. If you do not apply for Advance Parole before you leave the country, you will abandon your application with USCIS and you may not be permitted to return to the United States. (Please note: This requirement does not apply to people who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and are maintaining H-1 status (temporary workers in specialty occupations) or L-1 status (intra-company transferees), or their dependents in H-4 or L-2 status.)
Re-entry Permit:
Lawful Permanent Residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a Re-entry Permit. Lawful Permanent Residents wishing to remain outside the United States for less than one year do not require a Re-entry Permit and can travel on their Permanent Resident Card ("green card"). A Re-entry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of birth.
If you have refugee or asylee status in the U.S. and wish to travel abroad and return to the U.S., after a temporary absence, you may apply for an appropriate travel document.
Filing Instructions: To apply for a Re-entry Permit or Refugee Travel Document, applicants should file Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, at the USCIS Nebraska Service Center. Detailed filing instructions are on the form.

1:49 AM 8/31/06